I was sitting at my desk one morning, organizing the day in my head. Get home around 4:30 pm. Prep tomorrow’s lunch. Tomorrow’s outfit. Tidy up the living room. Be at small group by 6:30 pm. What should we have for dinner? And that’s when all these amazing flavors and ingredients flooded my mind—leading to the Sweet Potato Apple Chicken Cranberry Kale Bowl.
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 apples
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease two baking sheets/dishes.
- Chop sweet potatoes, apples, and chicken into chunks.
- Place sweet potatoes, apples, and cranberries onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon. (I recommend putting tin foil on the sheet first—baked cranberries aren’t the easiest thing to clean up.) Put in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- Put the chicken in the other dish. Feel free to add some spices like rosemary, parsley, and sea salt. Wait 10-15 minutes after you put the potato dish in the oven to put the chicken in as well. Then, both dishes will be done around the same time.
- About 10 minutes before you expect your dishes in the oven to be done, take out a wok or large frying pan. Add some oil and begin sauteing your mushrooms and kale. (I like to fill the pan with kale and watch it decrease in size as it cooks.)
- Once everything is cooked, add it all to the wok and mix gently. Bon appétit!