Crunch into this simple, tasty Super Healthy Broccoli Salad complete with bacon, walnuts, cranberries and a delicious homemade mayo. Whether it’s at a picnic, potluck, or just a regular dish at the dinner table, this salad will have you going back for seconds in no time. It’s dairy free, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 approved.
Broccoli salad is one of my all time favorite picnic foods. When I see it at a potluck, I pass right over the mashed potatoes and make a beeline for those crunchy greens.
Oftentimes, people sneak sugar into this salad for a little extra flavor boost. I don’t know about you, but putting sugar on broccoli seems like it defeats the purpose. Thankfully, this recipe is sugar-free so there’s no unhealthy surprises. It’s flavor rich, nutrient dense, and super simple to make. What more could you ask for?
Next time you need to bring something to a potluck or picnic, just add these ingredients to your grocery list and you’ll be set:
From there, you’re minutes away from a well-balanced dish for everyone to enjoy. If you’re looking for something sweet to bring for dessert, check out my healthy apple crisp recipe.
Super Healthy Broccoli Salad
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries (unsweetened with no additives for strict Whole30)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup Whole30 mayo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Chop the broccoli heads into small pieces. Throw away the stems.
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, bacon, cranberries, walnuts, and onion.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo and vinegar until smooth. Then add the mixture to the larger bowl and combine well. Enjoy!