My favorite season is hands-down fall. Summer is a little too hot. Winter is a tad too cold. Spring is a bit too wet. But fall, fall is just right. It’s the perfect weather to pull out your cutest booties, comfiest sweaters, and cozy up in a mound of blankets.
Growing up in Minnesota meant I got to experience fall to the fullest.
The leaves changing colors.
Picking apples from the orchard so mom could make apple pie.
Sipping hot chocolate at Friday night football games.
Going for hayrides through the woods while dad told the story of the lone wolf.
Picking out homemade cookies at October Fest while my mom painted faces.
Carving pumpkins and roasting the seeds afterward.
Since moving out of Minnesota, fall just hasn’t felt the same. Nonetheless, I do everything I can to experience my favorite season. Join me in making this a memorable autumn by checking off the items on my fall bucket list.
25 Things To Do This Fall
- Pick apples from an apple orchard and make your favorite apple treat—like Healthy Apple Crisp.
- Sip hot chocolate at a football game.
- Carve pumpkins and roast the seeds.
- Decorate your home for fall. Pull out the autumn dish towels. Make a fall wreath. Put a pumpkin outside your door.
- Go to Trader Joes and pick out one of their pumpkin goodies, like Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
- Invite friends over to watch a football game and serve football-themed snacks.
- Make a big pot of chili and corn bread—or cinnamon rolls as Jackson would do.
- Watch Hocus Pocus while eating the big bowl of Halloween candy you originally bought for trick-or-treaters. Don’t worry, you can always get more the next time you go to Target.
- Go to a haunted house/hayride with friends.
- Make your way through a corn maze.
- Buy a new sweater or pair of boots.
- Try a seasonal beverage at your local coffee shop such as a pumpkin spice latte or caramel corn cooler.
- Make caramel apples and decorate them with your favorite candies and nuts.
- Try a new soup recipe.
- Have a Halloweentown movie marathon.
- Go for a walk or bike ride down a nature trail.
- Get a fall-scented candle.
- Bake an apple or pumpkin pie.
- Cozy up in blankets on the couch and read a book.
- Attend a local fall festival.
- Drink a hard apple cider or pumpkin ale.
- Roast marshmallows over a fire.
- Get crafty and make a fall wreath to hang in your home.
- Watch the sunset.
- Make popcorn balls.
Happy fall, ya’ll!