The most simple and savory side dish—Roasted Bacon and Brussels Sprouts. With five ingredients you’ll have a delicious and healthy bite to eat that’s perfect to share with family and friends.
I distinctly remember hating Brussels sprouts as a kid. Not because I didn’t like them, but because I thought I wasn’t supposed to like them.
Good thing that train of thought didn’t stick. Brussels sprouts are delightful! And they just so happen to pair perfectly with bacon—then again, what doesn’t?
One thing Jackson and I have learned and love about Santa Barbara is the fact that so many restaurants serve Brussels sprouts as an appetizer!
All these amazing appetizers inspired this super simple Roasted Bacon and Brussels Sprouts recipe. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
Let’s Get Started
Start by cutting off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and then cut them in half. Slice the bacon into one inch pieces.
On an aluminum foil lined pan, spread out the Brussels sprouts, pour a little olive oil on top, and toss them until they’re lightly coated.
Add the bacon on top and put the pan in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Flip them at least once midway through.
Serve with homemade sweet potato fries
Roasted Bacon + Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 12 oz bacon
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a pan with aluminum foil.
- Chop off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Cut the bacon into one inch squares.
- Spread out the Brussels sprouts on the pan and lightly pour some olive oil on top. Toss them with a spoon or your hands until they have a light and even coat of oil.
- Add the bacon on top and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Flip once halfway through.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish. Pairs well with sweet potatoes.