A healthy alternative for tater tot enthusiasts. This simple recipe takes cauliflower to a whole new level. Enjoy crispy, flavorful Flourless Cauliflower Tots for a snack or side at dinner.
Jackson brought home a bunch of cauliflower one day, so I took it as an opportunity to experiment in the kitchen. After putting the finishing touches on this flourless cauliflower tot recipe, our kitchen looked like a winter storm went through! But those delicious veggie bites made it all worth it.
Before this recipe, we rarely bought cauliflower, but it’s safe to say this vegetable will now have a spot in our grocery cart every week.
Let’s Get Started
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat it with cooking spray. Wash the cauliflower and chop it into smaller chunks to fit in a food processor.
Add the the cauliflower to the food processor and blend until it turns into tiny pieces. Be careful not to over blend or the cauliflower will turn to mush. You may want to blend in smaller batches. It takes about 5 cups of cauliflower to get 3 cups of finely chopped cauliflower.
In a large mixing bowl, add the Parmesan cheese, eggs, coconut oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is combined.
Form the mixture into ping-pong sized balls and place them on the baking sheet. You should have about 16-20 tots. Pop them in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Then they’re ready! Dip your Flourless Cauliflower Tots in ketchup or nacho cheese because it makes them taste all the better!
Flourless Cauliflower Tots
- 3 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Chop the cauliflower in a food processor until it turns into tiny pieces. Be careful not to over blend or the cauliflower will turn to mush. You may want to blend in smaller batches. It takes about 5 cups of cauliflower to get 3 cups of finely chopped cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, eggs, coconut oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Form ping-pong sized balls of the mixture and place on the baking sheet. Makes about 16-20 tots.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Dip them in ketchup or nacho cheese.