These no bake Chocolate Protein Energy Balls make a tasty protein-packed snack. They’re gluten free, dairy free and simply delicious. Healthy food always tastes better when there’s a little chocolate involved.
I grew up without a dishwasher and still don’t use one today. My mom would try to use the least amount of dishes as possible when cooking food so that there would be less dishes to clean. I’ve adopted this same mentality.
That’s why this recipe uses the same measuring cups and spoons for as many ingredients as possible. The less there is to clean up, the more likely I am to make something again.
These gooey chocolate energy balls are just what I crave when I get home from work. They also make for a great after dinner treat. They have protein powder for added protein, peanut butter for healthy fats, flax seed for omega-3s and other nutrients. I hope you enjoy these healthy bites as much as we do!
Chocolate Protein Energy Balls
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup flax seed
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, cocoa and flax seed.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 45 minutes before rolling it into ping-pong sized balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
For another tasty energy ball recipe check out Best Ever No Bake Energy Balls.