Crunch into these healthy, tangy cucumbers. This light and refreshing recipe is perfect for any summertime get-together.
One of my favorite summertime recipes is vinegar marinated cucumbers. My mom made them a lot growing up with cucumbers from our garden. It was the best!
I used to eat so many until I found out there was actually a lot of oil, vinegar and sugar in them. That’s why this recipe is so great. It’s full of healthy, whole ingredients—making this summertime dish all the better.
The main ingredients are cucumbers, onion, and apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is great because it:
- Kills harmful bacteria
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Aids in weight loss by helping people feel more full
- Lowers cholesterol
This recipe is super simple and delicious, but gives a fresh take on cucumbers. Enjoy these refreshing crunchy cucumbers at your next summertime get-together.
Apple Cider Vinegar Cucumbers RECIPE
- 3 cucumbers (peeled and sliced)
- 1 small diced or sliced onion (any kind)
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ cups water
- Dump the cucumbers and onion into a large mixing bowl. Choose a bowl that holds at least 8 cups and has a lid.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar and water into the bowl. You’ll want enough to cover the cucumbers and onion. If needed, add more liquid at about a 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water ratio. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cover and refrigerate. Let them sit for at least 12-24 hours for best results. Enjoy!