Easy oven roasted cabbage steaks for a simple and delicious side dish.
We have been crushing the cabbage lately! Every trip to the grocery store includes a head, or two, of cabbage so we can make these delicious cabbage steaks.
It’s a great way to get veggies and extra virgin olive oil into your body while simultaneously satisfying your taste buds. Here are just some of the many benefits of extra virgin olive oil:
- Great source of antioxidants and healthy fat
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes
- Supports bone health
- Improves brain health
- Can compliment sweet and savory dishes
This recipe is so easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before. (I know we did!)
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, cut a head of cabbage into 1 inch sections. Place them on the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the cabbage.
Season the cabbage steaks with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Serve it up and store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge.
Cabbage Steaks Recipe
- 1 head of cabbage
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cabbage into 1 inch sections and place them on the pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cabbage steaks and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Store leftovers in the fridge to enjoy later.