Take a bite of these ooey gooey chocolate chip Tahini Chickpea Blondies—you won’t regret it. These dairy-free and gluten-free bars are the tastiest guilt-free treat you can get your hands on.
I had a can of chickpeas and tahini sitting unused in my cupboard for months. I considered making a batch of Healthy Paleo Cookie Dough but felt like baking something instead. That’s when I attempted a batch of chocolate chip Tahini Chickpea Blondies, and boy was it a win!
All I had to do was throw every ingredient but chocolate chips into a blender, mix it up, and stir in the chocolate. I poured the batter in an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper and put it in the oven at 350℉ for 30 minutes. Once the edges and top started to turn golden brown, I pulled the pan out. Even though I wanted to eat them right then and there, I could tell their gooey consistency wouldn’t hold up if I didn’t let them cool.
And because the batter doesn’t have any eggs, I licked the spoon and blender so clean you’d never know it was used! Don’t worry—I washed it.
After 10 or so minutes the bars had cooled and it was go time. I cut them into 12 pieces and decided I would wait for Jackson to get home before digging in. However, after cleaning off the remnants on the knife, I thought I should probably cut a small square to make sure they turned out alright. That small square turned into a big square and I have no regrets!
These bars are absolutely incredible! I can’t wait for you to make them for your friends and family. Happy baking!
TAHINI CHICKPEA BLONDIES RECIPE
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas or garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown sugar or golden monkfruit sweetener
- ½ cup tahini (or sub any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in almost all of the chocolate chips—leaving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Dump the mixture into the pan, spread evenly, and add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges and top start to brown.
- Once the pan has cooled, slice and serve!